Then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve....but as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.
~ Joshua 24:15
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Birthday/Mother's Day
We have had one busy week....birthday dinner Sunday at Cracker Barrel, ball game Tuesday, Deno's birthday Wednesday, Daddy's birthday Friday plus another ball game, Saturday morning ball game and then Mother's Day today. Mark and I have been so proud of the way the kids have been playing, they are improving each game. We may not win all the games, but Mark's thinking is he would rather not come away with the "W" and instead come away with the kids knowing the fundamentals and knowing the right way to play. It would be easy to have them play just to get the win, but he knows that's not gonna do much for them when they move up past t-ball. We had a pretty good group of players to start with, but as each game passes you can tell a difference in each one of them. I could tell you an example about each one, but as one example, we have one boy who is a good ball player but lacks the confidence in himself....by Saturday's game, he was up to bat 4 times and 3 out of the 4 resulted in a home run! Not only that, but 2 of those were GRAND SLAMS!! The look on his face is the reason I enjoy helping Mark coach...Mark and I have gone through different things (not so good) by taking on the task of coaching. But I will say that seeing the looks on these kids' faces when they do something (esp when they make it home) and to see the look on Michael's face, hearing him ask his daddy if he is gonna be his coach next year, helps me to think that dealing with some of those things are worth it, if for nothing else than to see my baby boy so happy that his daddy is coaching him : ) On to the birthdays....Wednesday we had Deno's birthday. The boys helped make her a cookie cake and, of course, we had to drive all the way to Deno's work to give it to her : ) Mark's birthday was Friday...with us having a game that night we didn't get to do much. But he did get his presents Thursday night and went out to eat after the game on Friday. Saturday after the game Mark had to go to work and Michael and Hunter stayed the night with Nana LaShall. I know what you are thinking, "you let them stay the night somewhere with Mother's Day the next day?" To that I say yes, because at 5 and 2 they don't exactly know what Mother's Day means and I'm not gonna stop them from spending some time with their Nana that they don't get to do very often. Besides, I was with them by 10am this morning and I am blessed enough to get to spend everyday with them. After the game Jacob and I took a little nap and headed to Hobby Lobby with Nana and Aunt Danielle. Mommy and Daddy got a little Jacob time later that night when he finally got home from work : ) This morning we went to Mt.Zion for church, went to eat at Dad's BBQ (because if you've ever tried to eat at Top O' The River on Mother's Day, you'll know why we ended up there), stopped by the mall for a min (where I did what I do best and that's shop for the boys) and then headed to my mom's. Needless to say by 8pm we are all wore out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment