Then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve....but as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.
~ Joshua 24:15

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Resurrection Weekend....Part 1

Friday night I made cupcakes for the church egg hunt, started a cake, Mark and I dyed eggs with Michael and Hunter and cut up a bunch of fruit for Nana and Papa's egg hunt. I found on pinterest where you can dye eggs with kool-aid. Mark thought I was crazy and didn't think it would work and to be completely honest I wasn't entirely sure of how well it would work myself. We tried it anyway and I've found my go to for dying eggs now : ) The kool-aid smell was much more pleasant than the vinegar smell.
End product....
After our game Saturday morning we headed into town for the city's annual spring celebration. Michael and Hunter did their first egg hunt of the weekend, saw the Easter bunny (well, Michael and Jacob did), got a few snow cones (while Daddy and Mommy got a steak sandwich thanks to the Cattleman Association), Michael had to take a horse ride and of course Michael and Hunter had to talk Aunt Danielle into a horse/buggy ride.
We left there headed home for about an hour, where I finished up my cake that I started the night before and then it was time for the egg hunt at church!
After we left the church, Michael and Hunter headed to Oxford with Deno and Josh to find Deno a dress while Mommy and Daddy (and Jacob) planted the garden. We can't leave out the Easter Bunny coming later tonight : )

No comments:

Post a Comment