Then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve....but as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.
~ Joshua 24:15
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Did that REALLY just happen?
Today was kindergarten registration....I don't really think it has hit me yet that my "baby" will be starting school this coming year. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital and now I'm getting him ready to start elementary school! As real as it was to sit there and fill out all that paper work, I don't think it will actually become reality for me until the first day of school....but, whether I'm ready or not the day is coming and HE sure is ready to start 'Big Boy' school : ) Maybe that's why they have you register so early ~ you have a few months for it to soak in! My baby boy is growing up....bittersweet when I really think about it. I love seeing the person he is growing into, but in my heart I want him to stay little forever. The other day he asked me what he could be when he grew up, I told him he could be whatever he wanted to be. To that reply he said, "OK, but can I still live with you." Love little moments like that.....today registering him for school and then looking at Jacob and Hunter, remembering Michael at that age, made me realize I can't take them being young for granted.....they are not gonna be this way forever, no matter how much I want them to stop growing up on me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment